August 14, 1959 as the New York Titans and Charter Member of AFL
Changed nickname to Jets:
Super Bowl Championship:
AFL Eastern Division Championships:
AFC Eastern Division Championships:
AFC East Division Championships:
(At Start of 2017 Season)
Retired Uniform Numbers:
#12 Joe Namath
#13 Don Maynard
#73 Joe Klecko
- First Regular-Season Game: A 27-3 victory over the Buffalo Bills, 9/11/60.
- Team's Original Name: The New York Titans (1960-62).
- First Player to Sign a Contract: Don Maynard was the first to sign with the Titans, 1960.
- First All-League Selection: Bob Mischak, 1960 All-AFL.
- First Winning Season: 1967 (8-5-1).
- First Playoff Appearance: A 27-23 victory over the Oakland Raiders in the AFL Championship game, 12/29/68.
- First Super Bowl Appearance: A 16-7 victory over the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III, 1/12/69.
- First Jet Elected to the Hall of Fame: Coach Weeb Ewbank, 1978.
- First 1,000-Yard Rusher: John Riggins, 1,005 yards (1975).
- First to Pass 400 Yards in a Game: Joe Namath, 415 yards vs the Miami Dolphins, 10/1/67.
- Most Yards Rushing, Career: Curtis Martin, 10,302 yards (1998-2005).
- Most Yards Passing, Career: Joe Namath, 27,057 yards (1965-1976).
- Most Receptions, Career: Don Maynard, 627 receptions (1960-1972).
- All-Time Leading Scorer: Pat Leahy, 1,470 points (1974-1991).
- Most Lopsided Win: A 47-3 victory over the St. Louis Rams, 11/09/08.
- Longest Punt: Steve O'Neal's 98-yard punt vs. the Denver Broncos on 9/21/69, is an NFL record.